The Content Manager at SELCO Foundation will be a key resource to accumulate information from various departments of the organization, treating/editing/compiling it for the purpose of various external stakeholders as well as planning and executing a dissemination strategy. The forms of content will include but not be limited to articles, case studies, research reports, videos and dissemination channels will include but not be limited to various print and online news agencies and content platforms, organization owned websites and blogs, special interest magazines as well as on partner platforms.
ResponsibilitiesThe candidate should be able to understand and analyse ongoing and past work at SELCO Foundation, including priority areas, key projects/programmes/ work themes. The individual should be able to gauge the external communication landscape of other organizations & influencers, in the energy access space and allied work spaces. We seek individuals who can use both information sources - carve a niche, rigorously and regularly communicate the work and concepts to the external audiences & stakeholders via a detailed content building and content dissemination plan. The ideal candidate should be able to build and write content by accumulating information from the organizations teams as per the priority subjects, relevance to external stakeholders and time of dissemination. The individual should build media relations and partnerships to disseminate the content to various channels and ensure publication. The candidate would be responsible for management and mentorship of team members based in Bangalore, and other offices for writing and management of content while adhering to strict timelines. The candidate should also keep a track of publications and the reach gained, evaluate results, provide suggestions of course corrections and build the same into new plans made. He/she should be able to assist, write, translate content for other organizational needs that may arise from time to time, including but not limited to reports, presentations, proposals.
- A Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in creative writing, journalisim, media, communication, PR or an allied field.
- Hands-on, work experience of a minimum of 5 years especially in journalism, media relations or creative writing and editorial management is required.
- Self-motivated, responsible and should be engaged and highly interested in the developmental agenda with an intention to be fully involved.
- Ability to learn quickly from multiple subject areas and be a team player with excellent managerial and people skills to mentor and motivate other team members
- Willingness to travel for 10-15 days in a month.
- Fluency in English and Kannada and knowledge of other local languages – Hindi, Odiya, Assamese is preferred.