SELCO Foundation intends to be a library of solutions that can address the energy access problem and need for the right supporting ecosystem factors. India is a microcosm of world’s disparities, a sort of LAB of the world. With nearly 25% of its population, 300 million without electricity and more than 70%, 700 million who rely on polluting wood and charcoal cook-stoves the diversity of solutions developed in India could have learnings for other contexts.
- - Create knowledge reports on innovations in technology, finance or social model, under all SELCO verticals
- Coordinate with different team members, partners and key stakeholders to understand the nuances of a project and capture key learnings for the sector.
- Conduct interviews and draft research findings, organize in case study formats or articles.
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding
- A Bachelor's, Master’s or PhD degree in anthropology, public policy, law, economics, environmental science, environmental studies, political science. (Current undergraduate students may apply as well)
- Interested in energy access and ecosystem building in India and in African countries.
- Excellent written communication
- A good grasp of narrative
- Awareness of audiences
- Computer Skills
- Language skills
- Prior field experience is a plus
- Self-motivated and responsible
- Ability to keep to deadlines
- Willingness to travel to rural areas