At SELCO Foundation, we’re proud to stand at the forefront of the Data revolution, there is a growing need to collect and make better use of our data. We need more data both for informed decision making and capacity building and with all the unique needs emerging we seek to refine the impact data management process which will ultimately help in achieving our organizational goals. To help carry us even further, we’re searching for an experienced data analyst to join our team. The ideal candidate should be highly skilled in all aspects of data analytics, including mining, generation, and visualization. Additionally, you should be committed to transforming data into readable, goal-driven reports for continued innovation and growth.
ResponsibilitiesHighlights: - Dynamic ‘doer’ who can lead efforts to streamline data collection and analysis of the data - Aid on building and developing an existing M&E Framework that has been developed at an organizational and end-user level. - Guide the process for identifying and designing additional key indicators and its measurement. - Work with team leads to streamline data collection and reporting procedures at regular intervals and review quality for further improvement - Develop, implement, and maintain leading-edge analytic systems, taking complicated problems and building simple frameworks - Development of Research Design and Sampling Plan with Primary and Secondary Research and Quantitative and Qualitative Research Framework. - Identify trends and opportunities for growth through analysis of complex data sets - Evaluate organizational methods and provide source-to-target mappings and information-model specification documents for data sets. - Create best-practice reports based on data mining, analysis, and visualization - Evaluate internal systems for efficiency, problems, and inaccuracies, developing and maintaining protocols for handling, processing, and cleaning data. - Work directly with management and users to gather requirements, provide status updates, and build relationships. - Collaborate with teams to capture qualitative data to draw impactful stories that can be a supplement to quantitative data. - Undertake regular visits to the field to support the implementation of M&E and to identify where adaptations might be needed. - Prepare reports on M&E findings, as required, working closely with financial controller, technical staff and implementing partners. - Plan for regular opportunities to identify lessons learned and implications for the project’s next steps.
- Work closely with project managers to understand and maintain focus on their analytical needs, including identifying critical metrics and KPIs, and deliver actionable insights to relevant decision-makers.
- Proactively analyze data to answer key questions from stakeholders or out of self-initiated curiosity with an eye for what drives business performance, investigating and communicating areas for improvement in efficiency and productivity.
- Create and maintain rich interactive visualizations through data interpretation and analysis integrating various reporting components from multiple data sources.
- Define and implement data acquisition and integration logic, selecting an appropriate combination of methods and tools within defined technology stack to ensure optimal scalability and performance of the solution.
- Develop and maintain databases by acquiring data from primary and secondary sources, and build scripts that will make our data evaluation process more flexible or scalable across data sets.
- Regular follow-ups, tracking of budgets and update on the progress of the programs and providing inputs for budgeting and reporting.
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
- To understand the requirements of internal and external customers and to send the analysis within the given timeline.
- Manage datasets coming from project districts/areas, clean field-level data, run rigorous analytical tools and statistical tests, conduct advanced level statistical analysis (tests of significance, correlation and regression analysis, propensity score matching, principal component analysis, merging datasets, advance 4-layer crosstabulations, multiple response analysis, methods of sampling, etc.) using statistical packages like R, SPSS or STATA.
- Based on evidence and insights from monitoring data, provide appropriate feedback and learning to the program implementation and monitoring team for possible improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or Statistics.
- 5 to 8 years’ experience mining data as a data analyst.
- Proven analytic skills, including mining, evaluation, analysis, and visualization.
- Technical writing experience in relevant areas, including queries, reports, and presentations.
- Strong SQL or Excel skills with the ability to learn other analytic tools. Applications will be processed on a rolling basis. Please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter explaining why are you interested in this role and with ‘Re: Data Analyst’ as the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org