SELCO Foundation as a part of the development of the ecosystem for the renewable energy sector, focuses on capacity building and skilling. Skill building is approached from various angles focusing on technical skills for technicians, entrepreneurial skills for budding start-ups and micro entrepreneurs, developing tools for bankers who can finance renewable energy, developing the strength of incubators who hand-hold new businesses or micro financing institutions catering to under served and unserved communities etc.The position of Skills development and training Manager was established for the purpose of development of processes and intervention programmes that enable capacity building.
- Work towards strengthening the institutional capacity of SELCO Foundation in Skill development and training
- Identify strategic partners and build relations accordingly
- Assess the need for training on ground and identify target groups that can benefit from it
- Liaise with Management, partners, apex institutions and consultants on the training needs and plans.
- Co-ordinate with the stakeholders for effective planning of the training programmes
- Facilitate curriculum alignment certifications
- Oversee the design and execute training events as per schedule
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation for the training's and provide feedback regularly
- Engage with stakeholders regularly to enhance the training
- Develop employment, entrepreneurship and innovation opportunities for the trainees post the training
- Document the training's and skill building programmes for the purpose of improvement, process building and replication
- Domain expertise and knowledge of social sector issues in India with specific focus on skill development
- Previous experience in vocational education, training and skill development is preferred.
- Renewable energy related experience will be an added advantage
- Understanding of monitoring and evaluation frameworks and practices
- Strong communication, motivation and collaboration skills
- Willingness to travel for 10-15 days in a month
- Knowledge of Kannada preferable though not mandatory