SELCO Foundations philosophy of impact evaluations double up as self assessments which provide the organization a snapshot into its overall progress and also gauge ways to improve performance. Equal emphasis is given to the impact on the end user and the manner or process through which the Foundation ultimately creates impact. It is also important to the Foundation to balance qualitative and quantitative reporting to provide meaningful inputs that are not necessarily captured by numbers.
ResponsibilitiesSELCO Foundation is looking for a dynamic ‘doer’ who can lead efforts to streamline and institutionalize M&E across the organization.
- Build on and develop an existing M&E Framework that has been developed at an organizational and end user level. Guide the process for identifying and designing additional key indicators and its measurement.
- Work with team leads to streamline data collection and reporting procedures at regular intervals and review quality for further improvement
- Collaborate with teams to capture qualitative data to draw impactful stories that can be a supplement to quantitative data.
- Undertake regular visits to the field to support implementation of M&E and to identify where adaptations might be needed.
- Prepare reports on M&E findings, as required, working closely with financial controller, technical staff and implementing partners.
- Plan for regular opportunities to identify lessons learned and implications for the project’s next steps.
- 5-8 years experience or knowledge related to field.
- Familiarity with M&E methods and approaches (including quantitative, qualitative and participatory). Planning and implementation of M&E systems an added bonus but not limiting.
- Information analysis and report writing. Knowledge of statistics is an added bonus but is not limiting.
- An interest and passion on issues related to development and poverty alleviation.
- Willing to undertake regular field visits outside Bangalore and interact with different stakeholders, specially primary stakeholders.
- Computer skills.
- Leadership qualities, personnel and team management.
- Language Preference-Kannada, English & Hindi.
RequirementsGenerally speaking, suitable candidates should have a degree in a field related to development and/or management and experience in field research.