The Built Environment team works across the four verticals in SELCO Foundation. The focus of interventions being exploring energy efficiency through built design and innovation. The team comprises of practitioners in design, construction and project management with expertise in either housing or education, healthcare and livelihoods. The Built Environment team works with vulnerable communities, providing access to safer and healthier environments, which directly impacts their overall well-being. The solutions are community driven, combine user and designer expertise to come up with efficient spatial patterns, ecological design techniques, alternative material usage and innovative financial models. The Operations Manager – Built Environment will help weave collaborative relations that enable SELCO Foundation to effectively fulfill its mission.
- Map out gaps and opportunities in urban and rural poor housing along using the lens of energy access across India. Ecosystem development activities especially related to financial inclusion and capacity building.
- Manage and support the program implementation team of the built environment team.
- Coordinate and network with other stakeholders to promote appropriate programs in built environment team that enhance or complement their programs using energy access.
- Design and manage partnerships.
- Primary and secondary research, data analysis with respect to the project.
- Overseeing the operations, finance and administrative process of the project.
- Minimum 7 years work experience in areas of management, team building and partnership development.
- Experience in managing programs in the development sector is desirable
- An understanding of and desire to work proactively to promote sustainable energy access
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to process information and create compelling communication channels.
- Willingness to travel.
- Knowledge and past experience in housing for poor is beneficial.