SELCO Foundation is an open source, not for profit organization that engages in field-based R&D and ecosystem building for deployment of clean energy solutions that alleviate poverty in tribal, rural and urban poor areas. The organization works in collaboration with practitioners in the social sector, energy entrepreneurs, NGOs from various developmental sectors and educational institutions to link the benefits of sustainable energy to poverty eradication. The organization works across verticals such as energy access, health, water purification, livelihoods, education with practitioners in the social sector, energy entrepreneurs and partners from various developmental sectors. Well over a billion people worldwide have no access to clean Energy and in India alone, 240 million people have little or no access to electricity in a country where it comes at a higher cost for the poor and underserved. These individuals have distinct and non-homogenous needs, yet their perspective is overlooked in the design and development of most energy access solutions. SELCO has pioneered the delivery of decentralized energy to the poor in India by not only providing access to affordable and clean energy but also ensuring the consumption of energy is efficient and appropriate. This energy access increases incomes, improves quality of life, and alleviates poverty, turning energy consumers into asset owners.
ResponsibilitiesHighlights: We are seeking a self motivated individual who is passionate about working on exploring the role of the built environment in inclusive development of our communities. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in working with building technologies and implementation. She/he must be able to lead projects and work in teams, while being able to collaborate with partners and key stakeholders (communities, governments and other organizations). The projects require an approach which challenges the set paradigms to come up with end to end solutions- employing resourcefulness in Estimation, Planning, & Execution of total project work with the ability to monitor and troubleshoot program problems.
- Implementation Planning and Strategy: - Planning project implementation numbers, types and timelines and mapping the projects to resource deliverables - Planning strategy - includes aspects of ownerships, partnerships, pipelines, HR allocation, conduct review meetings etc.
- Overseeing the operations, finance and administrative process of the programme.
- Identify and resolve challenges and issues with planning and strategy for meeting implementation targets of the programme.
- Track team budgets and analysis against implementation.
- On a regular basis conduct training and capacity building for implementation with partners, contractors etc.
- Build partnerships in the ground to support the implementation deliverables.
- Support in planning and execution of all events, exposure visits for awareness creation.
- Ecosystem development activities especially related to financial inclusion and capacity building for housing and livelihood programmes under the built environment programme.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Civil Engineering or Equivalent in the construction industry.
- Minimum 7 years professional experience ( in development sector optional).
- Interest and ability to engage with communities on ground.
- Strong communication and representational skills.
- Willingness to travel extensively in and around different parts of the country.
- Highly motivated, meticulous and methodical, responsible, self-directed, resourceful and flexible; ability to multi-task.
- Willingness to work with other team members; strong engagement, leadership, operational and coordination skills.
- Willingness to work with other team members; strong engagement, leadership, operational and coordination skills. Process: Applications will be processed on a rolling basis. Please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter explaining why are you interested in this role with the subject line ‘Re: Application for Operations Manager - Built Environment’ at ‘email@example.com’
RequirementsAbout Built Environment - The Built Environment team works across the verticals in SELCO Foundation. The focus of interventions being exploring energy efficiency, wellbeing and productivity through built design and innovation. The team comprises practitioners in design, construction, project management, finance with expertise in either housing, healthcare and livelihoods. Incorporating passive technologies (that bring in natural lighting and ventilation), appropriate materials that provide natural cooling/heating inside the structure, can result in buildings that are inherently efficient in its use of energy. While this is a known fact across the build and design community, specific challenges emerge when trying to incorporate these techniques for low-income communities. These constraints might be due to dense living environments or spatial constraints, lack of appropriate financing, access to skill and construction/material knowledge etc. Thus, there is a need to develop and innovate upon specific technologies and design or planning solutions that help build these missing processes in the delivery of sustainable ‘affordable’ housing and infrastructure for the bottom of the pyramid.