The financial sector plays an important role in providing developmental finance for enterprises and end-users in the decentralized renewable energy (DRE) sector. To address the bottleneck of access to finance numerous types of financial institutions (banks, MFIs etc) at the grassroots can meet the financing need of the poor household/enterprise. Capacity building of bankers and developing suitable financial programs and guidelines can be key in unlocking financing for DRE. SELCO Foundation an NGO established in 2010 is working on building a holistic ecosystem wherein solutions can be implemented in a financially, socially and technically sustainable manner. In this regard SELCO engages with financial institutions in activities ranging from capacity building to developing schemes and portfolios - for tribal/rural entrepreneurs and households - in banks, MFIs, crowd-sourcing platforms etc. Parallelly efforts are made to build the capacity of stakeholders such as entrepreneurs, NGOs, end-users etc to avail financing. Position: Program Coordinator – Financial Inclusion is responsible for developing and implementing innovative financial mechanisms for decentralized renewable energy projects. Projects revolve around the application of decentralized renewable energy across development verticals like household energy access, education, health and livelihoods. This is a full-time position with a 6-month probation period. The position is based out of Ranchi but involves travel of 10 to 15 days a month.
- Build and maintain relationships with financial institutions (FIs) such as commercial banks, regional rural banks, MFIs and SHGs.
- Develop proposals (including financials for projects) and implement innovative end-user/institutional financing mechanisms for energy access for households and livelihoods, low-income housing etc. This will also involve identification of stakeholders and building relationships to avail the financing.
- Organize workshops and meetings for financiers including bankers, MFIs etc.
- Conduct partner i.e. entrepreneur, NGO, village based households etc. capacity building activities.
- Documentation, conduction of monitoring and evaluation of projects implemented.
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience of working with grassroot financial institutions in rural areas is preferred. Good understanding of these institutions and their operations is necessary.
- Strong communication skills in Odiya, Hindi and English, and writing skills to manage partnerships with local, State and national institutions.
- Ability to understand technical, financial and operational aspects of projects
- Willing to travel for fieldwork and follow-ups