Manage and lead the health vertical within SELCO Foundation, ensuring anchoring of team, programs and budgets. The health team lead is also expected to build and mentor a team in line with the vision of the organization and the needs of the team, planning for a period of 3 years at least. The Program Manager should have a good sectoral understanding (of public health specifically), and proven experience in managing a team, developing and monitoring partnerships and coordinating for successful long term strategic programs. The Program Manager also expected to: have a keen interest in sustainable energy, technology and innovations in health, be entrepreneurial, and adapt to varying situations and organizational requirements.
- Overseeing the operations, finance and administrative process of the vertical.
- Develop annual plans that are in line with the 5 year strategy of the organization.
- Clarify and develop understanding of the team goals and vision within the teams and ensure that programs designed and implemented are in line with the same.
- Coordinate and network with other stakeholders to promote appropriate programs that enhance or complement the Organization’s work using energy access.
- Design and manage partnerships, developing long term strategic plans for each.
- Ensure coordination with other teams within the organization to ensure implementation of the ecosystem approach and cross-learning.
- Conduct regular team meetings for the vertical, as well as program specific meetings to update all members on best practices and continuing expectations and vision.
- Assist in reporting and documentation of learnings, milestones and reports for 1-2 financial partners of the Foundation.
- Actively participate and plan internal/external events and partner visits.
- Keep updated on sectoral progress nationally and globally.
- Lead and coordinate for Primary and Secondary research, data analysis with respect to the sector or programs under the vertical.
- Plan for regular opportunities to identify lessons learned and implications for the project’s next steps.
- Work Experience: minimum 5 years of experience is preferred; supporting leadership and or management, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders at multiple levels, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of end user and partner service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced Environment.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to process information and create compelling communication channels.
- Willingness to travel.