We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is passionate about working on exploring the role of energy access in inclusive development of urban, tribal and rural communities. The ideal candidate should have strong analytical and communication skills. He/she must be able to lead projects and work in teams, while being able to collaborate with partners and key stakeholders (communities and other ground level organizations). The projects require an approach which challenges the set paradigms and come up with end to end solutions- employing resourcefulness in project design, implementation and monitoring and troubleshooting project problems. Always analysing a problem from a larger perspective, we seek individuals who are able to work very hands-on on the site while also being able to extract key learnings for the sector as a whole. The candidate will play a key role in contributing to the organisation with a focus to region/geography.
ResponsibilitiesThe person would have to strategically track foundations all work in the geography/region in way that it is aligned to 3 to 5 years plan for the region. He/she would collate learnings from the work being done and generate monthly, quarterly and funder report. The role includes support in the annual planning of the region and track budgets on weekly basis and be sounding board to the team to achieve deliverables. The person would be responsible for overall planning, implementation and tracking of minimum of two financial partners.
- Bachelors or Masters in Planning/ Environment/ Renewable Energy /Development or related subject areas.
- 5 or more years of work experience in development sector preferable.
- Highly motivated, responsible, self-directed, resourceful and flexible; Ability to multi- task.
- Willingness to work with other team members; strong engagement, leadership, operational and coordination skills
- Interest in Energy Access sector to engage across a range of issues and stakeholders.
- Good Communication skills and ability to bring information together in easily readable forms for wide range of audiences.
- Willingness to travel to rural locations for 10 to 15 days on a monthly basis.
- Strong working knowledge of English; additionally, spoken knowledge of Hindi is useful.