SELCO Foundation as a part of the development of the ecosystem for the renewable energy sector, focuses on capacity building and skilling. Skill building is approached from various angles focusing on technical skills for renewable energy technicians, entrepreneurial skills for enterprises and micro entrepreneurs, training programs for Financial Institutes who can finance renewable energy etc. The position of Technical co-ordinator is established for the purpose of designing and implementing solutions and building the capacity of stakeholders through training in North East states of India especially Manipur as well as in Orissa and Jharkhand. This is a full-time position with a 6-month probation period. The position is based out of Imphal, Guwahati and Bhubaneshwar and involves travel to the different regions in Northeast, Orissa and Jharkhand. There will be 3 months orientation training based out of Rural Karnataka.
ResponsibilitiesConduct site surveys and energy audits for various innovation projects. Actively conduct and train stakeholders on system design for Solar energy. Help in the execution, implementation, servicing and troubleshooting of technical projects across SELCO Foundation. Conduct trainings for the partners, incubatees and their staff on technical concepts, evaluations, quality of systems, energy efficiency, troubleshooting etc. Consolidate relevant training materials and conduct training of trainers (technicians)
- A Bachelor’s in Engineering/ITI Diploma in technology – Solar , electrical , renewable energy or similar fields
- Hands-on, field based work experience of a minimum 1 year is preferred
- Experience in skill development / training is preferred
- Self-motivated and responsible
- Ability to learn and be a team player
- Willingness to travel for 10-15 days in a month.
- Fluency in English and knowledge of local/ regional language is required